My Mind's Eye

Finding myself at a loss for words, and the funny thing is, it's ok...

 
Muzaq
  • Ray Charles
  • Dianna Krall
  • Evanescence
  • Rat Pak
  • Joss Stone
  • Delirious?
  • Rita Springer
  • Heather Clark
  • Desperation Band
  • Lauryn Hill
  • Leeland
  • Corinne Bailey Rae
  • John Legend
  • Lilly Allen
  • The Cast
  • Sonya
  • Lucas
  • Anne
  • Barb
  • Danika
  • Paul&Wanda
  • Rebekah
  • Tim
  • Dawn
  • Jan
  • Annie
  • JK
  • Kim
  • Lauren
  • Alysha
  • Mark
  • GoFugYourself
  • Vancouver Cafe Reviews
  • Films I Fancy
  • Austin Powers Trilogy
  • Rent
  • Kingdom Of Heaven
  • Ocean's 11 (Old & New)
  • Zoolander
  • Bride and Prejudice
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • The Producers
  • Braveheart
  • The Man
  • So I Married an Axe Murderer
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Hitch
  • King Arthur
  • Anything Disney
  • Phantom of the Opera
  • Locations of visitors to this page
  • My Library
    The Dream Giver
  • The Mark of the Lion Series
  • Atonement Child
  • Redeeming Love
  • Pierced By The Word
  • The Visitation
  • Captivating
  • For Women Only
  • The Last Sin Eater
  • The Shofar Blew
  • The Poisonwood Bible
  • If the Sun Doesn't Kill You, The Washing Machine Will
  • Artsy Fartsy
  • Great Art Prints
  • Mini-You
  • Deviant Art
  • Beautymark Photography
  • Paradigm Shift
    Monday, May 15, 2006
    Hey all,

    I know, catchy title, right? I was just thinking this last night as I met a new client that had just come in. Why is it that we are so willing to accept that God can do certain things in a church setting, but as soon as we hear about that same thing in another setting we are ready to ship the individual off to the psych ward? Here's what brought on my train of thought.

    This person said that she felt God in their hands. When she touched someone, she feels a warmth in the palm of their hand, and she could see things in people when she touched them, and felt that she had the gift of healing thru her hands. Now, you have to understand that I work in an emergency shelter, so when people say this kind of thing, or try to demonstrate using other clients, we're already dialing Mental Health. But if that happened in a church setting, would we be encouraging this person to demonstrate, or pray for others, or whatever? It's funny how we can have such a shift in our thinking from one environment to the next.


    SONG OF THE DAY : COMING UP TO BEATH - MERCY ME
    posted by Tennille @ 6:05 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      What I'd like know is if you let that particular client touch YOU! ;)

       
    • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Tennille said…

      Good question...I would like to think that I would have, however it was a night shift, and she was sleeping all night. I didn't actually see her much except for an introduction just as I was going home.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Tennille
    Home: Kamloops, B.C, Canada
    About Me: I pretty much prefer to let people draw their own conclusions...
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © 2005 My Mind's Eye Template by Isnaini Dot Com