My Mind's Eye

Finding myself at a loss for words, and the funny thing is, it's ok...

 
Muzaq
  • Ray Charles
  • Dianna Krall
  • Evanescence
  • Rat Pak
  • Joss Stone
  • Delirious?
  • Rita Springer
  • Heather Clark
  • Desperation Band
  • Lauryn Hill
  • Leeland
  • Corinne Bailey Rae
  • John Legend
  • Lilly Allen
  • The Cast
  • Sonya
  • Lucas
  • Anne
  • Barb
  • Danika
  • Paul&Wanda
  • Rebekah
  • Tim
  • Dawn
  • Jan
  • Annie
  • JK
  • Kim
  • Lauren
  • Alysha
  • Mark
  • GoFugYourself
  • Vancouver Cafe Reviews
  • Films I Fancy
  • Austin Powers Trilogy
  • Rent
  • Kingdom Of Heaven
  • Ocean's 11 (Old & New)
  • Zoolander
  • Bride and Prejudice
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • The Producers
  • Braveheart
  • The Man
  • So I Married an Axe Murderer
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Hitch
  • King Arthur
  • Anything Disney
  • Phantom of the Opera
  • Locations of visitors to this page
  • My Library
    The Dream Giver
  • The Mark of the Lion Series
  • Atonement Child
  • Redeeming Love
  • Pierced By The Word
  • The Visitation
  • Captivating
  • For Women Only
  • The Last Sin Eater
  • The Shofar Blew
  • The Poisonwood Bible
  • If the Sun Doesn't Kill You, The Washing Machine Will
  • Artsy Fartsy
  • Great Art Prints
  • Mini-You
  • Deviant Art
  • Beautymark Photography
  • Anyone Know What A Shakra Is??
    Saturday, March 17, 2007
    Sunday evening - 7:15pm

    client: "I joined a yoga class!"
    Me: "Good for you! That should really help your back."
    Client: "Yeah they already taught me 5 poses that will slow down the aging process!"
    Me: "Really? That's interesting."
    Client:"Yeah!! And they told me this story about this guy who was old and his hair was totally white, and then he started doing these stretches, and his hair started going black again! Here, let me show you! Oh, and you can only do them in the morning because they give you so much energy that you would never get to sleep at night if you did them before bed."

    *Begins twirling around in circles attempting to keep eyes on same point every turn...*

    Me: " Wow, that's all it takes? If everyone knew that hair dye sales would go down pretty significantly. Ya dizzy?"
    Client: "Yes! But there's other poses too, I just can't remember them right now. Oh! And we need to center our shakra."
    Me: "WE?"
    Client: "Yeah, I'll teach you the poses and then we can do them together!"
    Me: "I have a 'Shakra'?"
    Client: "I think so, I'm pretty sure almost everyone has a Shakra."
    Me: " Really? You sure about that? I don't think I do. Where can you get this 'Shakra'? Walmart?"
    Client: "NO! I think it's supposed to keep you balanced and centered or something..."

    *Client leaves still trying to twirl*

    Me: "So do you have a shakra?"
    Co-worker: " Never heard of it, don't really know if I want one."
    Me: "Me either."

    This is why I enjoy my job so much. Always learn something new everyday.


    Song of the Day: Crazy - Aerosmith
    posted by Tennille @ 6:54 PM  
    5 Comments:
    • At 2:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Oh Tennille, You make me smile. that co worker sounds like Val. Am I right? Yeah, I need to start writing down the things people say at work, too funny. So... movie night some time soon?

       
    • At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      LOL!! Too funny. :)

       
    • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Mark said…

      Rofl that's funny!

       
    • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Kimi said…

      You have the absolute best stories. But I was just wondering if she has shakra and apparently you have shakra. Do I have a shakra too? Maybe we can go to Walmart and look for it together.

       
    • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Annie said…

      tennille...

      you are really good at writing! you should get into that. or something.

      anyway, i think you're darn talented, and funny too.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Tennille
    Home: Kamloops, B.C, Canada
    About Me: I pretty much prefer to let people draw their own conclusions...
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © 2005 My Mind's Eye Template by Isnaini Dot Com