My Mind's Eye

Finding myself at a loss for words, and the funny thing is, it's ok...

 
Muzaq
  • Ray Charles
  • Dianna Krall
  • Evanescence
  • Rat Pak
  • Joss Stone
  • Delirious?
  • Rita Springer
  • Heather Clark
  • Desperation Band
  • Lauryn Hill
  • Leeland
  • Corinne Bailey Rae
  • John Legend
  • Lilly Allen
  • The Cast
  • Sonya
  • Lucas
  • Anne
  • Barb
  • Danika
  • Paul&Wanda
  • Rebekah
  • Tim
  • Dawn
  • Jan
  • Annie
  • JK
  • Kim
  • Lauren
  • Alysha
  • Mark
  • GoFugYourself
  • Vancouver Cafe Reviews
  • Films I Fancy
  • Austin Powers Trilogy
  • Rent
  • Kingdom Of Heaven
  • Ocean's 11 (Old & New)
  • Zoolander
  • Bride and Prejudice
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • The Producers
  • Braveheart
  • The Man
  • So I Married an Axe Murderer
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Hitch
  • King Arthur
  • Anything Disney
  • Phantom of the Opera
  • Locations of visitors to this page
  • My Library
    The Dream Giver
  • The Mark of the Lion Series
  • Atonement Child
  • Redeeming Love
  • Pierced By The Word
  • The Visitation
  • Captivating
  • For Women Only
  • The Last Sin Eater
  • The Shofar Blew
  • The Poisonwood Bible
  • If the Sun Doesn't Kill You, The Washing Machine Will
  • Artsy Fartsy
  • Great Art Prints
  • Mini-You
  • Deviant Art
  • Beautymark Photography
  • Follow the Yellow Brick Road......
    Thursday, June 21, 2007

    Ok, so I'm showing progress, you have to admit. At least it's not only once a month now right? It's funny how I'm thinking of things to write, and then when it actually comes up, I draw a complete blank. So I decided to check out some of the pictures I have on my computer, and I came across the above pic. Now, I can't tell if it plays it or not, but there are words that are in the picture and it says "Tinkerbell's Neverland". It got me thinking, what would my "Neverland" consist of? Many people have attempted to create their own Neverland, I think of Walt Disney, Michael Jackson (don't worry those two names will never again appear in the same sentence again, but for the purposes of this post, please allow some creative license) many celebrities who have what anyone would think of as the perfect home/property, many spas and resorts go to great lengths to create a sort of Neverland for people to enjoy, some becoming so lavish that they reach the point of absurdity. Nonetheless, there is a longing there within humanity to find that place that gives you joy, makes you feel at peace, an escape perhaps, or in Peter Pan's case an attempt at staying young forever....Who knows? I guess the question I pose to you then, is what does your personal Neverland consist of? Do you have one? If so, do you think it's a necessary thing to have in order to de-stress, or is it ridiculous that people should have that kind of crutch?
    Well that's all for my musings tonight. Thank you and GOOD NIGHT!!
    Song of the Day: We're Off to See the Wizard - from The Wizard of Oz.
    posted by Tennille @ 1:44 AM  
    4 Comments:
    • At 7:50 AM, Blogger Kimi said…

      I'm gonna say that sometimes when I'm having a really stressfull day, I would love to have a place that is miraculously clean, I don't have fantasies in which I cleaned. Also my children would be well behaved and listen to me. It would also consist of my husband and a certain co-hort of mine just relaxing and having fun. I know I have those things most of the time (with the exception of the miraculously clean house). I think most of the time when I'm stressed I go to that place in my head that tells me I'm normal and I'm not the only one to deal with these problems. And deep down my real comfort besides Jesus, is knowing that I have a husband who adores me, kids who love me and friends who like me for who I am, not for some made up fake version of me. One more thing, I think you should have to answer your own question.

       
    • At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Sheesh! Kim wrote a novel!

      My Neverland doesn't have an exact location or exact parameters. It could be a hot bath, an outing with my family, a tropical beach, a song I love, or really anything that gives me complete contentment at that particular moment.

       
    • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Mark said…

      I think of Walt Disney, Michael Jackson (don't worry those two names will never again appear in the same sentence again, but for the purposes of this post, please allow some creative license)
      HAHAHAHAHA I started laughing my head off and my Nana thought I lost it.
      Anyways
      My Neverland... Hmm, well it would be Kamloops with all of my Abbotsford friends living there. (Not that I don't love the people in Kamloops, it would be a necessity to my life to have my Abby friends there.)

       
    • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Annie said…

      My Neverland would be me, probably a cutie I would round up from someplace to bring along, a tropical location and no one else. Oops... that sounds like a honeymoon. Big time.

      Uhhhh.... I guess then that my Neverland would be rather lame. Like, a pile of guaranteed-to-be-amazing books, a huge supply of delicious food, and a beautiful and peaceful location like a cabin in the woods. Near a waterfall. Or a hotsprings of sorts.

      Yeesh. I'm a nerd!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Tennille
    Home: Kamloops, B.C, Canada
    About Me: I pretty much prefer to let people draw their own conclusions...
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © 2005 My Mind's Eye Template by Isnaini Dot Com