My Mind's Eye

Finding myself at a loss for words, and the funny thing is, it's ok...

 
Muzaq
  • Ray Charles
  • Dianna Krall
  • Evanescence
  • Rat Pak
  • Joss Stone
  • Delirious?
  • Rita Springer
  • Heather Clark
  • Desperation Band
  • Lauryn Hill
  • Leeland
  • Corinne Bailey Rae
  • John Legend
  • Lilly Allen
  • The Cast
  • Sonya
  • Lucas
  • Anne
  • Barb
  • Danika
  • Paul&Wanda
  • Rebekah
  • Tim
  • Dawn
  • Jan
  • Annie
  • JK
  • Kim
  • Lauren
  • Alysha
  • Mark
  • GoFugYourself
  • Vancouver Cafe Reviews
  • Films I Fancy
  • Austin Powers Trilogy
  • Rent
  • Kingdom Of Heaven
  • Ocean's 11 (Old & New)
  • Zoolander
  • Bride and Prejudice
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • The Producers
  • Braveheart
  • The Man
  • So I Married an Axe Murderer
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Hitch
  • King Arthur
  • Anything Disney
  • Phantom of the Opera
  • Locations of visitors to this page
  • My Library
    The Dream Giver
  • The Mark of the Lion Series
  • Atonement Child
  • Redeeming Love
  • Pierced By The Word
  • The Visitation
  • Captivating
  • For Women Only
  • The Last Sin Eater
  • The Shofar Blew
  • The Poisonwood Bible
  • If the Sun Doesn't Kill You, The Washing Machine Will
  • Artsy Fartsy
  • Great Art Prints
  • Mini-You
  • Deviant Art
  • Beautymark Photography
  • Do you see God?
    Wednesday, June 07, 2006
    Hey all,

    Ok, so not often do I have a really deep, philisophocal entry on here, but here it goes...

    Where do you see God in your life? Be specific. There's a difference just defaulting to the habitual "christianese" that so many people fall into, but actually seeing something for what it is, and how God worked in a particular situation.
    On Sunday I asked God to let me know that he's still in control, and taking care of Tom and I b/c we've had a rough go for, well, awhile. And he kept asking me if I truly believed his word. And of course, the defaulted grew-up-in-church/christianschool-raised-in-a-christian-family side of me automatically replies, "of course I do God". But the last couple days, I've really had to search my heart and asked myself, and be brutally honest. If I truly believed God's word, why would I be questioning his hand on my life? Why would I let worry, and anxiety rule my life instead of having the confidence and reassurance that God is our provider, and protecter? I see God in my life everday at work, so why should I question his involvement in my life at home?
    But then as I dig deeper, God shows me that he not only is our provider and protecter, friend and savior, not only that he is that, but that this is what he wants. He's chosen this, it's not out of duty or obligation, but that he WANTS to have a personal everyday, living, breathing ever present role in our lives simply because of his all encompassing love. This week alone, God has met my needs, and the needs of my husband in a such a real, and tangible way. From finances to health, God is taking these misshapen balls of clay and shaping us into his dream, for HIS Glory. Just the knowledge of that fact alone brings me face down in complete humility, b/c it's not for us to expect mercy, expect grace, but it is just b/c of who God is that he extends it to us. Not that we are worthy of it, but that he delights in us so completely. Cool, huh?

    Song of the day: How Great is out God - Chris Tomlin
    posted by Tennille @ 4:30 AM  
    1 Comments:
    • At 11:39 PM, Blogger D said…

      As a teenager I remember having a very difficult, life altering confrontation that was a direct result from some other very painful events that happened while I was a student at Valleyview Secondary, and that wound up leading to years of pain and trouble and bad other decisions. After attending Bethel / Gateway for six-ish years, just a few months ago I looked up and realized the building directly across the street from our church is where it all went down. It's a long story but I've been spending a ton of time lately thinking about how God always rounds things out in my life and thanking God for our hot dog wednesdays and just that I can maybe be a tiny part of something that could draw a hurting kid that needs a loving touch like I did. Phew, that was long! I'm monopolizing your blog!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Tennille
    Home: Kamloops, B.C, Canada
    About Me: I pretty much prefer to let people draw their own conclusions...
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © 2005 My Mind's Eye Template by Isnaini Dot Com