My Mind's Eye

Finding myself at a loss for words, and the funny thing is, it's ok...

 
Muzaq
  • Ray Charles
  • Dianna Krall
  • Evanescence
  • Rat Pak
  • Joss Stone
  • Delirious?
  • Rita Springer
  • Heather Clark
  • Desperation Band
  • Lauryn Hill
  • Leeland
  • Corinne Bailey Rae
  • John Legend
  • Lilly Allen
  • The Cast
  • Sonya
  • Lucas
  • Anne
  • Barb
  • Danika
  • Paul&Wanda
  • Rebekah
  • Tim
  • Dawn
  • Jan
  • Annie
  • JK
  • Kim
  • Lauren
  • Alysha
  • Mark
  • GoFugYourself
  • Vancouver Cafe Reviews
  • Films I Fancy
  • Austin Powers Trilogy
  • Rent
  • Kingdom Of Heaven
  • Ocean's 11 (Old & New)
  • Zoolander
  • Bride and Prejudice
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • The Producers
  • Braveheart
  • The Man
  • So I Married an Axe Murderer
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Hitch
  • King Arthur
  • Anything Disney
  • Phantom of the Opera
  • Locations of visitors to this page
  • My Library
    The Dream Giver
  • The Mark of the Lion Series
  • Atonement Child
  • Redeeming Love
  • Pierced By The Word
  • The Visitation
  • Captivating
  • For Women Only
  • The Last Sin Eater
  • The Shofar Blew
  • The Poisonwood Bible
  • If the Sun Doesn't Kill You, The Washing Machine Will
  • Artsy Fartsy
  • Great Art Prints
  • Mini-You
  • Deviant Art
  • Beautymark Photography
  • Morbid Humor?
    Thursday, November 02, 2006


    Ok, so the picture really has nothing to do with my post, but I adore it, so there ya go.

    My blog has become a place of confession for me as of late, and I find this quite amusing b/c things that I wouldn't usually say, or talk too much about b/c I may get embarassed or feel is too insignificant to voice, I frequently decide to, instead, post it on the world wide web for all to see, AND comment on. Ha, ironic. Although I also do find it a release, a chance to vent, get my thoughts and frustrations out, and sometimes get feed back on it too. Not only that, but I get to practice my writing skills, you know, along with my computer hacking skills, cage-fighting/bowstaff skills, and cake building skills.....:o)

    For quite a while now, I've made a habit of making "You know your......When....." lists. Mostly for different times in my life, or when I've been really frustrated with a situation, or even just to force myself to see the humor in everyday life. Today, I'd like to contribute my thoughts on one particular cycle in life, primarily in the lives of women....

    You Know Your PMS-ing When....

    1. The urgency for something, anything related to chocolate is absolutely necessary, and you are willing to make everyone's life miserable until you aquire the milk chocolatey goodness.

    2. The little old lady taking FOREVER to cross the street, on any other day, would have been sweet, now, all of a sudden deserves to become your next hood ornament.

    3. Everyone around you has the audacity to be breathing so freaking loud!

    4. (This may only apply to some) All of a sudden at 3:00 in the morning, your whole house NEEDS to been cleaned immediately.

    5. All the freaks on the road don't know how to manage their vehicles around other drivers, and so should just pull over and let you go already.

    6. You sit on your couch, surrounded by all the necessary junkfood, sugary beverages, and wadded up snot rags, with tears streaming down your face due to the latest hallmark commercial.

    7. Your loving husband tries desparately to console you and make you feel better, however he's just irritating you to no end, and you yell at him to leave you alone, and give you some space, so he does. Then you become upset and angry b/c he isn't paying attention to you and doesn't seem to care that you are in pain, and upset, and he seems to be hiding from you....

    So there is my list, I'm trying to see the humor in the fact that once a month our hormones need to swing all over the map turning us into inconsolable, unpredictable, emotional wrecks. Does anyone see the fairness in that? Although I have seen my share of men who seem to have their own brand of man-pms.

    Anyway, I have discovered a new board game (well it's not necessarily new, it's just new to me) called "Scene It?" It's a lot of fun for movie/pop-culture buffs such as myself, and a few others I could name...(you know who you are). It would definately be a great game in a huge group of people. Therefore, I definately recommend it.

    SO that's all for now folks. Oh by the way, I've decided that's what I want on my tombstone "That's all folks". Why am I thinking about my death? Who knows, I guess I like to find the humor not only in life, but in death as well.

    Song of the day: Absence of Fear - By Jewel (yes, I'm admitting it, I'm a Jewel fan, i love her music, and her writing, and I'm not afraid to say it...)

    posted by Tennille @ 7:39 PM  
    5 Comments:
    • At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      You crack me up, Neilly! I agree, and can relate to, your entire PMS list. Just ask Gary!! lol

      I would love to play Scene It with you. Sounds like fun!

      Oh and btw, I really like Jewel too. Is that wrong?? You look like her. :)

       
    • At 12:31 AM, Blogger Lucas said…

      having lived most of my life with my mum and 2 sisters i can recognize wat ur talking about -_-;; but the hormone-induced rage of pregnancy is far worse. when my sister was pregnant i took one of her french fries and she slapped me across the face!

      i will also admit that i like jewel. phew! good to finally let that out!
      foolish games and you were meant for me are among my faves

       
    • At 9:14 AM, Blogger D said…

      I can relate too, except for the cleaning the house in the middle of the night - what's up with that?
      Matt recognizes it before I do though. I'll be snappy or upset and hell say "You're going to get you 'thing' in a few days, aren't you". Then I'll get mad that he thinks my feelings aren't real and genuine and understandable but simply hormone induced then a few days later... he he.

       
    • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Lana said…

      Before I was a tired mom I loved to clean in the middle of the night. Now its more like What cleaning?? I get ya on the PMS, seems like now I am a wreck for 2 weeks every month, poor Junah, good thing he doesn't complain!! Doesn't everyone like Jewel, She is also from Alaska so there is another check in her Good box.

       
    • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Janice said…

      If you think PMS is bad, wait until you try menopause!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Tennille
    Home: Kamloops, B.C, Canada
    About Me: I pretty much prefer to let people draw their own conclusions...
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © 2005 My Mind's Eye Template by Isnaini Dot Com