My Mind's Eye

Finding myself at a loss for words, and the funny thing is, it's ok...

 
Muzaq
  • Ray Charles
  • Dianna Krall
  • Evanescence
  • Rat Pak
  • Joss Stone
  • Delirious?
  • Rita Springer
  • Heather Clark
  • Desperation Band
  • Lauryn Hill
  • Leeland
  • Corinne Bailey Rae
  • John Legend
  • Lilly Allen
  • The Cast
  • Sonya
  • Lucas
  • Anne
  • Barb
  • Danika
  • Paul&Wanda
  • Rebekah
  • Tim
  • Dawn
  • Jan
  • Annie
  • JK
  • Kim
  • Lauren
  • Alysha
  • Mark
  • GoFugYourself
  • Vancouver Cafe Reviews
  • Films I Fancy
  • Austin Powers Trilogy
  • Rent
  • Kingdom Of Heaven
  • Ocean's 11 (Old & New)
  • Zoolander
  • Bride and Prejudice
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • The Producers
  • Braveheart
  • The Man
  • So I Married an Axe Murderer
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Hitch
  • King Arthur
  • Anything Disney
  • Phantom of the Opera
  • Locations of visitors to this page
  • My Library
    The Dream Giver
  • The Mark of the Lion Series
  • Atonement Child
  • Redeeming Love
  • Pierced By The Word
  • The Visitation
  • Captivating
  • For Women Only
  • The Last Sin Eater
  • The Shofar Blew
  • The Poisonwood Bible
  • If the Sun Doesn't Kill You, The Washing Machine Will
  • Artsy Fartsy
  • Great Art Prints
  • Mini-You
  • Deviant Art
  • Beautymark Photography
  • Thunderstorms
    Monday, June 12, 2006
    Ok, the most perfect weather to have on your birthday is, of course, a huge thunder and lightening storm! I mean, come on, it's fabulous! It makes you feel so small and powerless, and yet in total awe. Of course there is the whole down side of people being struck by lightening, and all that, but still, thunder storms are a beautiful thing.
    So, another birthday has come and gone. I'm now 23, as my friend so sensitively left on my voicemail, I'm old and married. To be honest, I've never felt the whole age thing to be that big of a deal. Some will argue that it's because I'm only 23, but I've known people to freak out over turning 20 b/c they are no longer a teenager, or like my husband, to get all sensitive about turning 26 b/c his 20's are more the half over. But really, come on, what's the big deal?
    We had a great little get together at my 'rents place with family and friends, My brother bought me a humongous birthday cake, even with 17 people, and some having multiple pieces we couldn't finish it! The thing that cracked me up is that my cousin bought me the movie "Rent" for my birthday, and to watch my very proper grandma look at it, and try to figure out what it was all about and why on earth I would enjoy such a movie was actually quite humorous! I'm suprised she didn't demand I repent right on the spot for having such an abomination in my personal DVD library. I decided not to confess my devotion to Austin Powers at that moment. It might have been too much. :o) It was also a really cool day b/c we got to connect with some old friends and get to know some new ones too, so it's been good. We were planning on going up to Margaret Falls and walking up in there, and then having a little picnic thingy, but I wasn't too keen on the idea of waltzing around a bunch of trees with water right there, and a thunder and lightening storm going on. I love storms, but I'm not an idiot.
    During my little celebration at my parent's house, one of my friends asked me an interesting question. She told me to sum up the last year in one word, and the next year's expectations in 2 words. That's took me awhile, but here's my answer : Last year : HARD
    Next year: Excitement, Change. Now come one people, I want to hear your answers. Sum up your last year in one word, and what your kinda feeling or expecting your next year to be like...It's hard to think of at first, but once you do, it's kinda cool.
    Song of the Day : 525 600 Minutes - Rent Soundtrack
    posted by Tennille @ 10:32 PM  
    5 Comments:
    • At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      You just dont get it do you? You don't...when its thundering outside it means God is moving his couch! We all know He is a huge Hockey fan and a Big fan of Ryan Smyth. As for the rain...well there are a few rumors going around but I'd rather not get into it...PG RATED SITE FOLKS! Tenniller Rocks, Tom Rules and God shocks and awes us with His glorious art of lightning storms.
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY TENNILLER! MANY MORE AHEAD!

      (LEARN HOW TO USE THE TERM PROPERLY AMERICA!!!)

       
    • At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I'm glad you had such a nice birthday Neilly. Wish I could've gotten in on that cake! Of course, I was busy eating ice cream cake at Paige's party, so ya, I did alright.

      I don't get the whole age thing either. I think age is a state of mind. That's why I'm still 26 after all this time. :)

       
    • At 9:09 AM, Blogger D said…

      Happy Birthday! Wait until you start getting wrinkles.
      My word: Exhilarating.
      I've had 'hard' before too though. I hope the next one will be fantastic for you.

       
    • At 8:04 PM, Blogger onedayatatime said…

      This past year: challenging
      Coming year: hopeful, healthful

      *I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday! It was SO cool that God gave you a thunderstorn on your birthday......LUCKY!!!!

       
    • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Paul & Wanda Moores said…

      Last Year: Roller-Coaster

      Next Year: Coffee Shop Owner
      (sorry that's 3)

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Tennille
    Home: Kamloops, B.C, Canada
    About Me: I pretty much prefer to let people draw their own conclusions...
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © 2005 My Mind's Eye Template by Isnaini Dot Com