My Mind's Eye

Finding myself at a loss for words, and the funny thing is, it's ok...

 
Muzaq
  • Ray Charles
  • Dianna Krall
  • Evanescence
  • Rat Pak
  • Joss Stone
  • Delirious?
  • Rita Springer
  • Heather Clark
  • Desperation Band
  • Lauryn Hill
  • Leeland
  • Corinne Bailey Rae
  • John Legend
  • Lilly Allen
  • The Cast
  • Sonya
  • Lucas
  • Anne
  • Barb
  • Danika
  • Paul&Wanda
  • Rebekah
  • Tim
  • Dawn
  • Jan
  • Annie
  • JK
  • Kim
  • Lauren
  • Alysha
  • Mark
  • GoFugYourself
  • Vancouver Cafe Reviews
  • Films I Fancy
  • Austin Powers Trilogy
  • Rent
  • Kingdom Of Heaven
  • Ocean's 11 (Old & New)
  • Zoolander
  • Bride and Prejudice
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • The Producers
  • Braveheart
  • The Man
  • So I Married an Axe Murderer
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Hitch
  • King Arthur
  • Anything Disney
  • Phantom of the Opera
  • Locations of visitors to this page
  • My Library
    The Dream Giver
  • The Mark of the Lion Series
  • Atonement Child
  • Redeeming Love
  • Pierced By The Word
  • The Visitation
  • Captivating
  • For Women Only
  • The Last Sin Eater
  • The Shofar Blew
  • The Poisonwood Bible
  • If the Sun Doesn't Kill You, The Washing Machine Will
  • Artsy Fartsy
  • Great Art Prints
  • Mini-You
  • Deviant Art
  • Beautymark Photography
  • A Work in Progress
    Saturday, July 08, 2006

    (snapping fingers, and bongo drumming. Ah 1..2..3..4..) (New York accent) Dissappointment.........Annoyance..........Apprehension...........Rage. Emotions changing...flowing into each other like...waaaves. The persuit of adequate...diversion echoes throughout...humanity. When out of the...abyss...of unesessary special effects, and...high school worthy dramatic attempts...strolls one whose talent far exceeds his...peers rises one...THE ONE. Leaving them all in the proverbial dust of their...failures...the one to save us from bad box office excuses for entertainment. The minions throng to the...theaters...to witness the beauty and...all consuming... talent of one....Johnny Depp. Jane, get me off this crazy thing...called love. (blow out candle)

    So there's my diminutive attempt at coffee shop poetry. My source of inspiration, of course is the one and only Johnny Depp. The most fabulous entertainer of my time (and a little before). It's been said before, and I shall institute again, the only man alive that could wear make up and still be incredibly sexy. Women all over the world will testify to that fact, I assure you. The one and only reason for my going to the movie theater yesterday after work at 10:15pm.
    As we all know, Pirates of the Caribbean came to a theater near us last night, and as we waited in line impatiently to get our tickets an hour before the show commenced, we watched in shock and horror as the screen displayed the dreaded "SOLD OUT", in big red letters, as if mocking the poor souls who still stood in line. I saw the couple who bought the last 2 tickets and though the thought did cross my mind to tackle them, and wrestle the precious tickets out of their hands, my only comfort was that they probably wouldn't even get to sit together as the theater would already be packed full of blessed ones scrambling for seats. Ah well, there's always next time, right?

    What ended up happening was Tom, Dan, Laura, and I made a collective decision to check out Adam Sandler's new movie, Click. Now, I'm not a huge fan of Adam Sandler, he more or less annoys me, I'm sure he's a nice guy, but his acting is just not my cup of tea. Anyway, 2 hours of fast forward, pause, rewind, inappropriate scenes with a dog and stuffed duck, including frightening mental images of the brother from 50 First Dates in a speedo, and a bad ending, I was officially enraged at being subjected to such a public annoyance. While eneryone else around us were drying their tears and exclaiming what a "feel good" movie this was, I was rolling my eyes, and clenching my fists at how ridiculously unrealistic this was. The only redeeming quality was Christopher Walken. So, with 2 completely dissapointing theater experiences under my belt in the last month, I'm about ready to give up on the whole thing. My spark of hope for entertainment is quickly dwindling. But then again, that's just my humble opinion.


    Song of the Day : Baby it's Cold Outside - Ella Fitsgerald, and Ray Charles
    posted by Tennille @ 1:33 PM  
    1 Comments:
    • At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      The Larnder men went down to the theatre before the first matinee showing of 'Pirates' and bought our tickets for the 7 o'clock show. We got to the theatre at 6:15 and it was already half full! But all 13 of us managed to get seats together. :) And that's how the pros do it!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Tennille
    Home: Kamloops, B.C, Canada
    About Me: I pretty much prefer to let people draw their own conclusions...
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © 2005 My Mind's Eye Template by Isnaini Dot Com