My Mind's Eye

Finding myself at a loss for words, and the funny thing is, it's ok...

 
Muzaq
  • Ray Charles
  • Dianna Krall
  • Evanescence
  • Rat Pak
  • Joss Stone
  • Delirious?
  • Rita Springer
  • Heather Clark
  • Desperation Band
  • Lauryn Hill
  • Leeland
  • Corinne Bailey Rae
  • John Legend
  • Lilly Allen
  • The Cast
  • Sonya
  • Lucas
  • Anne
  • Barb
  • Danika
  • Paul&Wanda
  • Rebekah
  • Tim
  • Dawn
  • Jan
  • Annie
  • JK
  • Kim
  • Lauren
  • Alysha
  • Mark
  • GoFugYourself
  • Vancouver Cafe Reviews
  • Films I Fancy
  • Austin Powers Trilogy
  • Rent
  • Kingdom Of Heaven
  • Ocean's 11 (Old & New)
  • Zoolander
  • Bride and Prejudice
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • The Producers
  • Braveheart
  • The Man
  • So I Married an Axe Murderer
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Hitch
  • King Arthur
  • Anything Disney
  • Phantom of the Opera
  • Locations of visitors to this page
  • My Library
    The Dream Giver
  • The Mark of the Lion Series
  • Atonement Child
  • Redeeming Love
  • Pierced By The Word
  • The Visitation
  • Captivating
  • For Women Only
  • The Last Sin Eater
  • The Shofar Blew
  • The Poisonwood Bible
  • If the Sun Doesn't Kill You, The Washing Machine Will
  • Artsy Fartsy
  • Great Art Prints
  • Mini-You
  • Deviant Art
  • Beautymark Photography
  • Can a Black Thumb turn green?
    Sunday, June 18, 2006
    Can a tiger change it's spots? A Zebra, it's stripes? A geek his/her draw towards Captain Kirk and Spok? Is it pure lack of knowledge that hinders a person from success at a hobby, or is it just that they are completely and totally void of any talent regarding the particular area of interest?
    Anyone who knows me at all knows that in my 23 years of life I have never been able to successfully grow any kind of plant. I even had someone buy me a catus thinking that there was no way I could screw up this one...WRONGO! Yes, it is true, I have been ultimately cursed with the dreaded black thumb. Vegetable patches everywhere shrivel as my shadow passes over them, flowers wilt, vines are choked by my presence. Vegetation of all colors, shapes and sizes, beware as the proverbial Angel of Death passes thru your patch of soil.
    Now, this however does not run in that family b/c my younger cousin is the Angel of life when it comes to all plant life and greenery, and not being able to accept defeat by a mere plant, asked her to teach me how to garden (yes, I said it, teach me how to garden, apparently that isn't a "natural woman" thing). So we proceeded to go shopping for flowers and all the equipment necessary to start me on the path to healing between myself and nature. She taught me all about soil and what kind I want, and what kind of garden tools I'd need, and what herbs to plant together in what pot. I even learned how to make a stand out of bamboo and yarn (very stylish, colorful yarn I might add) for the sweet peas that will eventually grow in my small patch of earth.
    The day was a complete success! By the end of the day I could look out my back doors, and see a beautiful patch of soil full of exotic colors and smell the wonderful aroma of nature's beauty. As I look out the wondow though I wonder how long it will last, and before my cousin leaves to go home I graciously offer to allow her to come over and garden whenever she feels the need to relieve some stress in her life....:o)
    Song of the Day : Open Up the Gates - PlanetShakers
    posted by Tennille @ 9:50 PM  
    4 Comments:
    • At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      hm, hm! i'll give u my magic beans in exchange for a respectable bovine. i used to have 3 avocado plants. they were flourishing, then one day...kaput. they got the black leaf perhaps? i also had a sturdy little grapefruit thingy growing...also gone. however i believe my spider plant is still going strong at my mummy's workplace. keep on purifying the air of toxins for the good of Worksafe BC employees, my green buddy! my only remaining dependant is a little lucky bamboo in my room...it's gonna bring my prosperity, or something. peace out.

       
    • At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Tigers have spots? That's news to me. And since when are Star Trek fans geeks?? I'm not a geek! Much. Hee, hee.

      I love gardening. I don't know all the technical stuff about it. I think I must just have a knack cuz I can plant just about anything and have it flourish. Well, except for some apparently defective sweet pea seeds I bought.

       
    • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Lucas said…

      news - Lucas is blogging. Check it out.

       
    • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Lucas said…

      This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Tennille
    Home: Kamloops, B.C, Canada
    About Me: I pretty much prefer to let people draw their own conclusions...
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Powered by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER

    © 2005 My Mind's Eye Template by Isnaini Dot Com